The intrinsically safe communication between surface and underground involves coverage of long distances.
For transmitting high data rates we utilise the optical fibre technology which requires only a modest effort to cover long distances in hazardous area zones of totally different character.
Optical interface modules are available for various standard bus systems.
- The intrinsically safe media converter of type iMC01-ib is configured as an autonomous system / device.
- It is destined for coupling/conversion of a 10/100Mbit/s (copper-based) twisted-pair TCP/IP Ethernet connection to a 100Mbit/s FX single-mode optical fibre port.
- The electronics module of the media converter is installed in an electrostatic conductive plastics housing (surface resistance ≤109Ω). The housing offers a protection of type IP54 pursuant to IEC 529.
- An intrinsically safe 12V NG3-12ib power supply feeds the media converter with energy. The line between media converter and power supply unit can be max. 10m long (1 pair of a L-2YYQY, 2x2x1.5 mm2 line)
- FO communication system OTS01 for the transmission of intrinsically safe production data to the dispatcher system on the surface. Energy supply with intrinsically safe power supply dNG3.
- Ex / non-Ex isolation of the intrinsically safe station with media converter 10/100Base – TX to 100Base-FX
- Auto -Negotiation 10/100MBit/s at TP Port
- Auto MDI/MDI-X Crossover at TP Port
- Single-mode fibre of wavelength: 1310 nm, transmission range: 20 km, plug connector E2000, 8° APC
- Optical switch dOS01 for up to 8 optical (Ethernet/ TCP/IP)
- Internal 8 port Ethernet switch with up to 6 copper ports and 2 FO ports
- Switch manageable
- Power supply 127 VAC
- Optical Multiplexer RS485/Profibus
- 4x RS485, for example Profibus DP
- Redundant FO transmission, rate max. 4x 187.5 kbit/s
- Half duplex transmission, single-mode fibre 9/125 µm
- BiDi version available, optical budget 17dB
- FO connection E2000 or SC (BiDi)
- Transmission range > 15 km (0.4 dB/km)
- Wave length 1300 nm or 1310/1500 nm (BiDi)
- Transmission range according to Profibus
- I M1 Ex ia I Ma
- Managed Ethernet Ring Switch
- 6x 10/100TX (RJ45) + 2x 100FX (E2000)
- IEEE 802.3 10Base-T, 802.3u 100Base-Tx/1000Base-Fx
- RJ45 Auto MDI/MDI-X function
- BiDi optics (available)
- Store- and Forward Switching Architektur
- Power supply 5 VDC
- Web Management GUI
- VLAN / 802.1 Q Tag VLAN
- DHCP Client